Thursday 16 October 2008

Good or bad idea?

In the last little while I've been working on a few projects. One is a second story in what may one day be a series. The others are in the research stage. The first is a story set in early Melbourne, but not to do with gold. The second is around traditional stories. The third is the differences between sheep and goats.

The first draft of the contemporary story is almost complete. In all three of the other projects, research is proving a little more challenging. The local library provided the starts, and the internet helps but I think I'm going to need to spend some time in town at both the Immigration Museum and the State Library.

Should I be pleased that I've discovered an opportunity to fill a gap, or concerned that perhaps the interest/market for these topics isn't there? Who knows? As my mother would say, time (and some more research) will tell.

No comments: