Wednesday 14 January 2009

Happy New Year!

Two weeks into the new year and the publishing world is returning from holidays. I've had conversations about changes to an accepted manuscript and submitted some supplementary material for another book due out next year.

And I've had my first rejection for the year. And it hurts. I was sure this manuscript was a good fit for the publisher and my agent agreed. Conventional wisdom suggests not spending a night in the same house with a rejected manuscript, but this one will be sleeping here at least tonight.

I am heartened by a conversation with a writer friend who has just placed a manuscript. She reports that the story began in another form and underwent several metamorphoses before this sale.

Where there are words, there is hope.

No comments: