Tuesday 25 August 2009

CBCA at the Convent

My friend Jackie Kerin and I went along to the CBCA Book Week gig at The Convent in Abbotsford. It's a great venue and I like going back there because before it became an arts precinct and after it was a convent, it was part home to Lincoln Institute and I studied there. But...back to Sunday...

Jackie was storytelling, based on her book, Phar Lap the wonder horse. I had no official function and as I had no copies of Sheep, Goat beyond my own, was keeping a low profile. I did catch up with a few people (hello Jacqui Grantford, Ann J) and meet some new ones (hello Sarah Davis, Mark Austin and Richard Mordern) and ended the day reading Sheep, Goat to a few people (Jacqui G had painty hands)

L to R...me, Jackie Kerin, Mark Austin, Pemberthy Bear and Jacqui G. To those who know Sally Murphy's Pemberthy Bear, this is Pemberthy, taking a bow.

2 comments:

Jeffery E Doherty said...

Sounds like it was a great day.

Jeff

Claire said...

It was Jeff, it was. Lovely to watch the children recognise books, sit and listen to stories, and to participate in all manner of book activities.
Claire