Monday 1 August 2011

Fly on the wall ... or ... back stage at the theatre

I continued my'behind the scenes' day on Saturday quite literally. I went back stage during a live theatre performance and watched the final section of a drama from there. I've been in rehearsal rooms, on empty stages, in 'the house' and I've watched from 'back of house' (which is in the bio box behind the audience) but being back stage while a show was happening, that's a first.

It was fascinating to hear the cues being 'cued' then called and then watch the effects happen. In this case it was the stage revolving. I was also 'in the wings' when the actors came off stage, dropped into their off stage realities then went back on stage for curtain calls.

2 comments:

Corinne Fenton said...

Hi Claire,
Wonderful image of behind the scenes at the theatre . . . and that photo!!!! Stunning.

Claire said...

thanks corinnne. There will be more photos soon. I think I've taken about 1400! while we've been away. So many gobsmackingly amazing sights.