Saturday 5 November 2011

A-launching we will go...

Today was the Melbourne launch of 'Squish Rabbit', a gorgeous picture book from first time writer/illustrator, Katherine Battersby. It's a story of discovering friendship, told and shown with powderpuff gentleness, in a mixture of paint and collage.


Wendy Orr launches Squish.
 
 
The Squish Rabbit Wall

On the other hand...





And this is the most amazing burger, imagined by the guests. Yes, you do see olives and watermelons, traffic lights and fetta cheese!


Katherine and her beautiful book

Katherine and Bren

Lovely also to catch up with Catriona Hoy and Bren Macdibble. Catriona and I will be presenting at STAVCON, a science conference later this month. Bren is just back from Brisbane where she was part of the QWC/Allen&Unwin novel intensive.

4 comments:

Dee White said...

Thanks for sharing, Claire. It look a great launch.

I'm really sorry I couldn't be there.

Claire said...

Thanks Dee. Hopefully next launch will be outside cricket season!

Jackie@My Little Bookcase said...

Can't believe there were so many talented people in the room I missed chatting to.
I suppose having a toddler with you means you sometimes miss out on interesting conversations with interesting people.

Claire said...

Yes, Jackie, I often think the same at most events. I sometimes feel like we should stand and identify ourselves!!