Monday 26 March 2012

Photos from the Children's Book Festival


 Yesterday, the State Library and the Wheeler Centre put together a Children's Book Festival in Melbourne. Part of Little Lonsdale Street between Swanston St and Russell St was closed. Tents, children, parents, entertainers, educators, publishers, Children's Lit organisations filled the street, lawn and library and yest they were spilling beyond. It was great fun.


I took my Sailor puppet in and he ate his fill time and time again with the assistance of young readers.



When I wasn't sharing Sailor, I wandered around seeing all the other delights.

 Graeme Davey was talking to children about nominating their favourite books for YABBA. (Young Australian Best Book Awards).


Young artists decorated the bitumen.


There were people EVERYWHERE



This is Queen's Hall inside the library, home yesterday to all sorts of literary activity including Bernard Calleo and Kamishibai.

I did take a brief look at the Persian Exhibition, but it was too busy and I was too tired. Definitely worth going to see it though. The art is exquisite.

2 comments:

Life's a poem said...

Loved your sailor- great that you went- looks like it was well supported- wonder if the kids poems were on display- from Wednesday's workshop?

Claire said...

I haven't seen official numbers Lorraine, but suspect they'd be pleased with numbers. Not sure about the poems, I didn't get to have much of a look around. But, yes, it was well worth being there.