Thursday 20 August 2015

'My Name is Lizzie Flynn' launch


Last night, in conjunction with the Loom Room (a local craft group) and the Hobsons Bay Libraries, 'My Name is Lizzie Flynn' was officially launched. Local councillor and WillyLitFest cofounder, Angela Altair created a patchwork (do see what I did there?) of history - mine, Williamstown's and Lizzie's - to share with us all.


There was food downstairs at Williamstown library (provided by Sharon from Cocoa Latte Cafe)
and Sue and Wenche from Book and Paper (where I work part time) sold books. Guests came from all around Melbourne and beyond, including Claire who had arrived back from the US that morning! The above pic shows me offering to whistle the crowd to silence (it's one of my few party tricks and very loud)


It's hard to see here, but the cake was styled as a book, with a spine worthy of any grand library.


What a poseur!


A bite to eat anyone?


As the event was upstairs, and the food downstairs, we cut the cake first. As is appropriate, I led the singing for Happy Birthday, Lizzie.
It was a wonderful night, made possible by so many people. Emily from HB Libraries, Sue and Wenche from Book and Paper, Sharon from Cocoa Latte, my always wonderful family and friends. Thank you all.