Saturday 14 November 2015

Sunshine-y day


First stop, Dymocks where I read books to a small but enthusiastic group of children, happy to sing along with me (and not comment on whether or not I was in tune!)



Then I ran into my parents who didn't know I was going to be in the area. Mum told me that both Christmas books were in the Big W catalogue so we wandered in to see them. As I was straightening the piles (of course), two women looked at me curiously and I confessed I'd written them. Lovely ladies, they were excited to meet an author and each bought a book for grandchildren. While they were chatting, another lady overheard our conversation and bought two, then another man - 'new to Australia' he told me - bought one of each!

Then Mum and Dad bought me lunch. Some days are just sunshine. 

No comments: